Progress in More Ways than One

In my last post I spoke about some of the recent websites I have been checking out to grasp on a better understanding of some of the early web design basics in areas of design, production, business, languages, roles within a company and quite a bit more. These articles (podcasts) have helped me understand web in...(I hate to say it) 'layman' terms which has been great considering my web jargon knowledge percentage was well below the threshold! Now it's time for some brain growth! So it's time to progress into web even more...

I've received some good feedback on my last post so I thought I'd share other juicy Web Design sites! One site that I highly recommend subscribing to via rss is .Net many feeds. .Net is UK's leading magazine for web designers and developers. I happened to be browsing their mag at a newsagent in Sydney's QVB and took note of their website (since I didn't buy the mag...shame on me). I think I made a good investment though because their website is even better than their magazine! It's packed full of very useful resources from leading experts and creatives.

I recently downloaded one of their latest features on Flash - the Art of Parallax Scrolling! This article shows how you can create a scrolling Flash effect with the illusion of a 3D depth which is very exciting. You can also download the working files and tutorial pdf on how to create it!

.Net also have a very good podcast section on their site which has loads of episodes on Web Design. If you have any questions on web design or client management you'll more than likely find your answers here.

If you can't get enough of those podcasts then they've also included a list of 40 of their top picks for technical podcasts which you can find here.

Web Designer is another magazine I browsed through and took note of. Their website is more focused on their magazine however there are some helpful tutorial files on web design which can be accessed here.

Comments

Popular Posts